- ‘Tis the season for colds and flus! I’m pretty sure I’ve been ill more days than I have been healthy. Ugh. Yet perhaps that is about to change, now that I know about this fun remedy. (It’s worth a try anyway, right?)
- If you don’t like the Toast, then I’m not sure we can be friends. (In particular, pretty much everything Mallory Ortberg writes makes me chortle.)
- If Hermione were the main character in “Harry Potter.” (Replete with feminism and gifs, you will not regret reading this article.)
- What Kristy Thomas (yes, of The Babysitters Club Kristy Thomas) thinks of the Sweet Valley Confidential series.
- One Dimensional Female Character from a Male-Driven Comedy. (Because sometimes, SNL gets it right.)
- I’m a sucker for an infograph, and the classics. This link provides both.
- A guy wrote a mystery novel with teddy bears, and got extremely irritated at what he perceived to be a negative review.
- Men are from bacon, women are from lemons. Read.
Beth’s Brilliant Books is running a short story competition.
It can only be up to 500 words, and must make her laugh.
I think writing contests are awesome. They give you a deadline to work towards, some type of guidelines to abide by, and generally have kick-ass prizes to encourage you to write well so you can win!
Click on the link below for more info if you’re interested: